I wanted more Christmas, more chocolate and more creativity this year! So here they are dipped chocolate cookies with peppermint sprinkles!!! Why not enjoy all the flavors of Christmas in one cookie?! This adorable cookie is perfect to bring to your neighbors or your in-laws to show off your baking skills (they are so easy! Don’t worry!)
What you will need to make dipped chocolate cookies with peppermint sprinkles.
- 1¼ cups butter, softened
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup unsweetened Hershey cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (melted)
- 2 crushed candy canes
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then add the vanilla
- In a separate bowl, stir together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; gradually mix into the creamed mixture.
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto parchment lined cookie sheets
- Bake 9-12 minutes in the preheated oven. Cookies will be soft and still look slightly doughy
- crush up candy canes in food processor or crush with a rolling pin while inside a plastic sandwich bag.
- Let set and cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then remove from sheet onto wire rack to cool completely
- Melt your white chocolate chips in the microwave (30 second intervals at a time, mixing until creamy) I added a 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil to make my chocolate a little more runny so the cookies were easier to dip.
- dip your cool cookies into the white chocolate and sprinkle the crushed candy cane on top.