With Christmas literally right around the corner, we all start to get in the baking mood. The holidays are a great time to show off your skills. With that being said, I attempted to step outside the box just a little with these dark chocolate peppermint pecan cookies. I absolutely love dark chocolate, if I get the opportunity to swamp semi sweet out I definitely will. These delicious cookies satisfy the need for holiday flavors and traditional chocolate chip cookie (which is an all year long cookie…. yummmm). The crushed candy canes on top are a subtle hint of peppermint just enough flavor to give you some holiday cheer!
let’s start baking!
- 2 1/4 cups of flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of butter (room temperature)
- 2 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 cup of dark chocolate morsels
- 3/4 cup of chopped pecans
- 2 crushes peppermint candy canes
1. Preheat the oven to375 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl mix the dry ingredients (flour,baking soda . Powder, salt) set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl. Cream together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Add the vanilla then the eggs one at a time.
4. Mix the dry ingredients slowly into the sugar and egg mixture. Do not over mix the batter, or your cookies could flatten.
5. Fold in chocolate and pecans
6. Refrigerate your dough for 30 minutes.
7. Line your baking sheet with parchment paper. Then spoon drop your cookies. About 2-3 tablespoons for size.
8. Crush up candy canes in food processor, or crush in a bag. Sprinkle on top of dough.
9. Bake cookies 9-12 minutes, or until edges are golden brown. Let cool